Introduction to Workshop Technical Support for Engineering Research Students
Team Researcher Academy
This introductory session is suitable for postgraduate research students working in the Faculty of Engineering.
2.5 hours of practical sessions face to face information sharing and activities followed by a tour of workshop facilities.
This half-day workshop will introduce you to the technical capabilities and support available from the workshop teams to you for your doctoral research project. The workshop will cover:
• How to access support from the design phase through to completion
• Technical capabilities and points of contact for these specialities
• Common mistakes and how to avoid them
• What to do if you need urgent support
• A brief tour of the facilities
The aim of this workshop is to provide you with the most efficient method to access the support from the faculty workshop, and to introduce you to key players in our technical staff team. This is targeted at all new researchers within the Faculty of Engineering who will need to use workshop support for their research.