Target Audience (Forthose already with some experience of Moodle and who have attended Key Moodle Basics)
This course is for academic and related staff who are already using Moodle.
This course is not suitable for Postgraduate students unless you are already using Moodle to support teaching of undergraduates using the online learning environment. No PG credit is offered for this course.
This course is intended for staff who have started to use Moodle and have some experience with it.
It follows on from Key Moodle Basics to look in more detail at activities, assessments and course layout in Moodle. It is designed to help you extend the way you design modules for and use Moodle to support teaching and learning.
The course may be run:
as an open course
as a course in a particular School or faculty
as a one-to-one session
Please contact email@example.com if there are no scheduled dates to suit you and you would like a focused one-to-one session.
This course varies according to the needs of the particpants, but may include, e.g.,
· Choose and use module layouts and blocks for your module
· Understand how to use a variety of activities
· Choose and use assessment strategies and tools including Turnitin and Rogo
· Use the Gradebook more effectively
· Manage groups in Moodle
· Use advanced tricks and techniques to optimise your experience of Moodle